New Look, New Location, New Thrills
In the Strip: The Stacks at 3 Crossings Campus
Railroad Street, between 28th and 29th Streets
The Greatest Growth on Earth…at Pittsburgh’s Most Engaging Neighborhood—The Strip District!
When: Saturday, Oct. 16 through Sunday Oct. 17
Where: The Stacks at 3 Crossings in the City’s fabulous Strip District…for your GPS, use the following address: 2875 Railroad Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Time: Festival starts and ends same times each day—10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Cost: admission is FREE and so is almost everything else at the event [except food concessions, carriage rides, and a few kids activities]
Parking: best option…try The Hub, a 590-space parking facility just a few streets from the event. For your GPS, use: 114 27th St Pittsburgh, PA 15222.
Both Days…Oct. 16 & 17:
- All Day—Misty Lane Farms Horse Drawn Carriage Rides...new to the festival, the folks at Misty Lane Farms take you on an enchanting ride in your choice of carriage: a “Cinderella-style” ride and a more traditional, direct-from-the-farm wagon—each pulled by a team of magnificent Percheron horses. We encourage you to book your ride early as we anticipate lots of demand—call or text 724-406-2184 to reserve your spot now!
- All Day—Champions Row at Hopper Park…these are the “fat boys” of the festival folks…the stars or our show, our 3 largest pumpkins of the festival basking in glory awaiting your gasps…each weighing over a ton!…including a massive 2,365 pound Goliath of a gourd that will leave you speechless.
- All Day—Carvers Court at Stacks Courtyard…see the nearly 40-foot long continual scene of medieval artistry carefully and completely carved out of pumpkins by our master sculptors, and the giant pumpkin walls painted by some local, extremely talented graffiti muralists.
- All Day—Vessel Studio Glass at Stacks Courtyard…hand-blown glass demos and featured products by the artisans of Vessel Studio Glass as they showcase the timeless “free-blowing” technique and bring with them lots of colorful, handmade products to sell.
- All Day—”Live” Giant Pumpkin Carving at Stacks Courtyard…watch as two of our master carvers, Dean Murray and Greg Butauski, demonstrate the agility and aptitude of molding, shaping and creating picture perfect art from pumpkins.
- All Day—Fall Festival Fantasia along Hopper Place behind Stacks Courtyard…all types of food, craft and charismatic festival vendors to fill your day and your appetite for Fall-like treats and eats.
- All Day—Kids Pedal Tractor Pull at Hopper Park…fun for tykes as they pedal a replica farm tractor with a weighted sled…and get a tasty candy treat after they’re done.
Saturday Oct. 16:
- 2 p.m.—Pumpkin Pool Drop 1…just look for the tall and large LOMMA Crane as we drop the first pumpkin in the pool for the day!
- 3:30 p.m.—Pie-Eating Plunge at Hopper Place behind Stacks Courtyard…10 brave eaters take a shot at devouring a 9-inch pie the fastest…earning a nice prize for the one who does.
- 5 p.m.—WTAE Project Bundle Up Pumpkin Drop…our most anticipated drop and highlight of the festival, and rightfully so, as we help support this standout charity. Still don’t have your ping-pong ball entered? That’s ok, you can get one right up to when we pull the cord on a nearly 2,000 pound behemoth in one mighty splash to raise some cash.
Sunday Oct. 17:
- 2 p.m.—Pumpkin Pool Drop 2…again, just look for the tall and large LOMMA Crane as we drop the first pumpkin in the pool for the day!
- 3:30 p.m.—Pie-Eating Plunge at Hopper Place behind Stacks Courtyard…round two of brave eaters take their shot at devouring a 9-inch pie the fastest…earning a nice prize for the one who does.
- 5 p.m.—PGPGA Splash…Pumpkin drop for the Pennsylvania Giant Pumpkin Growers Association, our partners in performance and growers of most of the giants used at the festival.